A lot of the time, small businesses or the lucrative ‘side hustle’ are run in conjunction with multiple jobs, or raising a family. Starting a business can be a stressful, long process though with little reward often at the start.
So how should one avoid the threat of the side hustle burnout?
- Be in control of the hours spent on the side hustle, rather than try to cram it around your day job
- Optimise your off-work hours to spend time on the side-hustle
- Utilise small windows of free time to do work so that it doesn’t build up at the end of the day
- Allow time to refresh and reset, indulge in hobbies or walks. Take care of yourself first.
- Know what’s worth the time, work-wise. Let go of the lesser work to make room for better opportunities, and what actually is of benefit to you.
- Manage the promises that should be kept, and ensure that all energy and time is accounted for. Overpromising can lead to burnout and ruin chances for good referrals and testimonials.
- Keep a hold of the passion that drove the business’ creation.